Clay Wilkerson litigates cases in state and federal courts, both at the trial and appellate levels. He has a general litigation practice, but focuses on insurance bad faith and insurance coverage disputes, ranging from relatively simple disputes with policyholders to complex, multi-carrier disputes arising from various types of underlying litigation, including: toxic tort (asbestos and silica), nursing home abuse and neglect, construction defect, municipal contract, insurance agency practices and intellectual property litigation. He has published articles on insurance coverage issues in the Journal of Texas Insurance Law. Mr. Wilkerson also represents contractors in construction defect disputes and defends engineers against claims of professional negligence. He became a shareholder with the firm in November of 2005.
Mr. Wilkerson was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1999.
University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 1998)
University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1994)
State Bar of Texas; Admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts. Member of the American Bar Association, the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, the State Bar of Texas – Insurance Coverage Section, and the Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the ABA.
- Ofoegbu v. Admiral Ins. Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 3092 (S.D. Tex. Jan. 12, 2011).
- Phila. Indem. Ins. Co. v. Stebbins Five Cos., 2004 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 6374 (N.D. Tex. Jan. 27, 2004).
- Springcrest Partners, LLC v. Admiral Ins. Co., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42103 (N.D. Tex. Mar. 25, 2013).
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. Ford, 607 F.3d 420 (5th Cir. Tex. 2010).
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. Little Big Inch Pipeline Co., 523 F. Supp. 2d 524 (W.D. Tex. 2007).
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. Rio Grande Heart Specialists of S. Tex., Inc., 64 S.W.3d 497 (Tex. App. Corpus Christi 2001).
- Phila. Indem. Ins. Co. v. Stebbins Five Cos., 2002 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 24582 (N.D. Tex. Dec. 20, 2002).
- Powerhouse Servs. v. Bechtel Corp., 108 S.W.3d 322 (Tex. App. Amarillo 2002).
- RLI Ins. Co. v. Phila. Indem. Ins. Co., 421 F. Supp. 2d 956 (N.D. Tex. 2006).
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. H&W Indus. Servs., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9417 (W.D. Tex. Feb. 1, 2011).
- Admiral Ins. Co. v. Petron Energy, Inc., 1 F. Supp. 3d 501 (N.D. Tex. 2014).
- Capital Star Oil & Gas v. St. Paul Surplus Lines Ins. Co., 2009 Tex. Dist. LEXIS 2744.
- Cook v. Admiral Ins. Co., 438 Fed. Appx. 313 (5th Cir. Tex. 2011).
- Springcrest Partners, LLC v. Admiral Ins. Co., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 138536 (N.D. Tex. Sept. 26, 2012).
- Tow v. Gemini Ins. Co. (In re ATP Oil & Gas Corp.), 2016 Bankr. LEXIS 201 (Bankr. S.D. Tex. Jan. 20, 2016)